Dear Stranger

an extension of the short film "Dear Stranger" and its major thematic element: Fantasy

3.22.2006

Ryan McGinley Photos

Found an interview with Ryan McGinley where he says something on fantasy that made me think of Dear Stranger:
A lot of people look at my work and assume it is all just an autobiography and that my life is as wild and fun as the images I take. I like that assumption but it's not true. My photographs are really closer to a documentation of my fantasy life. People still take photographs as truth. They look at them and think what they see really happened and while it did really happen, it didn't really happen like that. It is more like pseudo-fiction because it did happen but it might not have happened if it weren't going to become a photograph.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home