Dear Stranger

an extension of the short film "Dear Stranger" and its major thematic element: Fantasy

8.28.2005

A Kelly fantasy

One of the first things I loved when I read the screenplay was the strong element of fantasy and how it is so relevant in our actions in everyday life. One of the positive things about fantasies is that they help you figure out what you like, and they sort out who you are and the things that you like. For example:

I have a fantasy that has been with me for a while, probably for at least fifteen years. I remember it every time I go shopping for accessories -- shoes, clothes, make-up, whatever. I try to imagine I have befriended a person that for some reason just knows how I would like to dress and shows me step by step how to do it (on a budget no less). The really wonderful thing about this person is that she isn't dressing me to look like someone or trying to fit me into the latest trends. This person knows my past, my present,and my future and is able to express what I have such trouble expressing through style.

However, it is not much fun to shop with other people, it is very intrusive in something that I find intimate. It makes me sound like a weirdo but I think it indicates that sometimes fantasies can be more fulfilling than reality and are much more effective in helping you to find your reality.

- Kelly C
[Filmmaker's Wife]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home